Joel Embiid’s Twitter Recruitment of LeBron Is The Most Exciting Thing In The NBA Right Now

Someone needs to make things interesting this free agency, and it sure isn’t LeBron or Carmelo. The most we hear from LeBron comes indirectly from his lapdog source Brian Windhorst. Will he stay, or will he go? We can only listen to all of the ramifications so many times. And Carmelo is no better. Do I really care if Mitch Kupchak opened the door to Carmelo’s limo? Or if Carmelo sat up attentively? It’s all much ado about nothing. For Carmelo, he’ll probably do the least fulfilling thing possible: just take the money and stay in New York. As for LeBron, it’s anyone’s guess what will happen.

So leave it to Joel Embiid to provide us our free agency entertainment. Who knew Embiid was such a funny personality? In the past week, Embiid has decided to accelerate the Sixers rebuilding process. What incredible leadership skills! Unlike Derrick Rose’s ‘too cool for school’ approach to attracting free agents, Embiid is a more persistent charmer, it seems.

Embiid might be missing the entire season, but he sure knows how to stay relevant! And he’s quickly becoming the best rookie tweeter the league has ever seen. Take that, Hakeem Olajuwon.