ESPN Makes it Way Too Easy to Troll Fantasy Football Mock Drafts

With fantasy football season just around the corner, ESPN’s mock drafts are heating up. Anyone without a life, including myself, incorporates a mock draft or two as part of  the preparation for the season. It’s always useful to have some sort of idea who’s available when. Problem is, trolls infest every area of the Internet, and you’re bound to come across some people whose only aim is to ruin your mock draft. It’s not a big deal. ESPN runs thousands of mock drafts, and new ones turn up every five minutes. You win some; you lose some. That’s the motto of mock drafts. I’m not going to lie: it can be pretty entertaining seeing a mock draft ruined. I dabbled in mock draft trolling when I was a kid, but after you do it a few times, it stops being fun. Basically, you take a kicker or someone out of the league in the first round, and everyone collectively loses it and tells you to get lost. They bash you, rightfully so, and tell you that you don’t have a life. While they spend their day completing mock drafts.

Anyway, I only trolled a few mock drafts and that was a long time ago. Lately, I’ve completed a few mock drafts that were quickly ruined by a troll, and I got thinking. Why does ESPN’s draft board include so many players out of the league?

The bottom of ESPN’s draft board is full of players who haven’t been in the league for years. I don’t know if Yahoo or NFL.com have that glitch too, but it’s laughable that ESPN still allows you to draft Mark Brunell, who’s an ESPN analyst now. Let’s go through some of the most troll-able picks you can make because of ESPN’s draft board.

Plaxico Burress
Huh? This guy played a little bit in 2011 and sparingly in 2012, but aside from that, his last NFL action was in 2008. Ya know, when he caught the game-winning touchdown against the undefeated Patriots. Since then, we only heard from Burress when he shot himself by accident. Why is this guy available??Randy-Moss-Straight-skins-homie

Randy Moss
One of the greatest receivers ever, who now works for CBS (I think?). It’s been a couple years since Moss faded out of the league, but he’s still on the draft board!

LaDainian Tomlinson
The former fantasy king of the early-mid 2000’s. I guess he’s still on the board just to pay homage to his greatness. I mean, he brought thousands of owners fantasy titles over the years. He was the undisputed best player in fantasy for six or seven years, but he hasn’t played a down in three years, so.

Jake Delhomme
Ha. I remember him. In Super Bowl XXXVIII. In 2004. I know he played later than that, but isn’t that the only reason anyone remembers him?

Terrell Owens
Another great receiver from the past who’s been out of the league for years. We all miss his driveway stomach crunches, and it’s pretty funny drafting him and Tony Romo, but ugh. Take him off the board!

Donovan McNabb
Just no.

Jeff Garcia
Should probably be placed next to Owens. As we remember Owens saying about Garcia: “If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat.” Whatever that means. Anyway, it’s been a long while since Garcia has played an NFL game.

I don’t know if other fantasy formats have such an extensive and outdated draft board, but ESPN’s is laughably bad. I’m not endorsing trolling, however tempting it may be. With the guys available on ESPN though, you could go down memory lane, and create an early 2000’s All Star team.